Parent assistance while at home updates:
The Louisiana State University K-12 Reading Program has opened early, reduced rates, and converted all classes to a live online format, to help parents and schools maintain student education during these unusual times.
Skills taught include:
- Early Elementary: letter recognition, phonemic awareness, sight words, phonics
- Mid-to-Late Elementary: fluency, phonics, long-word decoding, comprehension, textbook reading, writing
- Middle and High School: doubling reading speed, comprehension, writing, note-taking, test preparation, textbook strategies
To learn more visit: https://lsu.readingclasses.
We are providing you with free at-home access to our online learning programs ABCmouse, Adventure Academy, and ReadingIQ while your child’s school is closed. These research-based educational programs include thousands of digital learning activities, and they can help preschool, pre-k, elementary, and middle school students keep learning while schools are closed. All three programs can be used on computers, tablets, and smartphones, and you can add up to
three children per account!
How to Get Your Free Accounts. Click on the link below for each program that you wish to provide to your child/children:
1. Click on the link below for each program.
2. Enter this School Code: SCHOOL3673
3. Create an account using your personal email address and a password of your choice.
ABCMouse: Grades Preschool-2nd www.ABCmouse.com/redeem
Adventure Academy: Grades 3 to 8 www.AdventureAcademy.com/redeem
Reading IQ: Grades Prek to 8th (once downloaded internet is not needed) www.ReadingIQ.com/redeem
Internet connection updates:
Cox Communications Cox has extended free Connect2Compete service, the company’s low-cost internet offer for families with a K-12 student at home until July 15. Remote service support is also extended to ensure ease of implementation while students continue to learn at home during the Coronavirus pandemic. Customers that sign up between March 13 and May 15 are eligible for this offer and will receive free service until July 15.
A summary of the latest enhancements to Cox’s C
• Limited time, free Connect2Compete service until July 15th for customers who apply by May 15th, $9.95 thereafter
• Until July 15, 2020, Cox is providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs
• Easy referral for discounted, refurbished equipment through PCs for People
• Increased internet download speeds from 25 to 50 Mbps through Jul
• A Learn from Home toolkit for schools, including instructions for fast-track eligible students without internet access, can be found at cox.com/connect2compete
The Cox Connect2Compete program is available to families who:
• have at least one child that is a K-12 student at home
• participate in one of these government subsidies programs:
• are not a current Cox Internet customer
There are no deposits or annual contracts with Connect2Compete, and self-installation with in-
Parents and Guardians:
Students serving an assignment at JCEP shall attend school unless one of the following circumstances have occurred:
a. A letter is received with a JCEP letter head on it stating the student is returning to school.
b. A letter is received with a JCEP letter head on it stating the student is being sent to their home school for testing.
c. The parish has declared an emergency and JCEP is in the area of the affected emergency.
d. The area in which JCEP is located is getting out early and school transportation will be affected by it, i.e. if located in Breaux Bridge and the area schools are dismissing early it is highly probable that only students that reside in the Breaux Bridge area will dismiss early. If this affects you call 337.909.3362 or check the JCEP site for further information on the date of dismissal. In this case a partial day attendance is still required.
If you have questions on site closings or student attendance feel free to call 337. 909. 3362.
If you have a child that has been assigned because of a prescribed or non-prescribed drug , the student must complete a drug assessment before they can return to school. Here are some facilities to try:
Tyler Mental Health Integrated Wellness Clinic ( Inside Acadiana Recovery Ctr) New Iberia Behavioral Health Clinic
302 Dulles Dr 401 West Vermillion St 611 W. Admiral Doyle Drive
Lafayette, LA 70506 Lafayette, LA 70501 New Iberia, La 70560
337-262-4100 337-345-6120 or 337-524-1415 337-373-2135
School Notifications & Alerts
For parent(s) or the guardian(s), stay up to date with school-wide notifications about school events:
Text 81010 to @jcepa Devices that are not using smartphones
Also you can call: 337.366.1259 and leave a voice or text message.
Edgenuity Parent Access:
Directions to the Edgenuity Family Portal:
To complete the login access follow the steps below:
1. Login to Edgenuity.com
2. Choose login
3. Choose Family Login
4. Choose Activate account
5. Enter your email address
6. Then enter the activation code above.
Contact the Edgenuity administrator for the code.